I’ve been in love with dancing since I was a little girl, and, at FADS Carmel, I’ve been able to be a part of a world that values creativity, learning, fun, and, most importantly, becoming the best dancer you can be. I’ve been with this studio for almost three years, making a 45-minute commute (total would be 90 minutes both ways) at least once a week and sometimes as many as three, depending on the activities going on at the studio. I’ve taken lessons at other studios and from other instructors, but I’ve gotten so much more from my time at Fred Astaire Carmel. There are a number of reasons I wouldn’t go anywhere else…
[expand title=”Read More…” swaptitle=”Show Less”]
1. Whatever your dancing goals are, FADS has a program for you. The entire staff’s focus is helping you get the most out of your experiences while there and to reach your goals.
2. I’ve never been anywhere where people love their jobs as much as they do at FADS, and, after working in an environment for years where many people are praying for early retirement, this is an unimaginably refreshing place to be. It’s more than customer service to them; they genuinely like their students and each other, and that makes for a wonderful atmosphere in which to learn.
3. FADS is a dance school with high standards and a model designed to support student success. I’m a high school teacher by trade, and it fascinates me that the instructors at FADS regularly do the kinds of things that some of my colleagues struggle to do consistently, if at all, such as differentiating instruction, checking the progress of students and re-teaching if necessary, and acting as professionals. It’s is standard operating procedure for FADS to provide quality instruction, and they do so superbly. They are highly trained and are held to high expectations in maintaining and updating their skills, and they can teach as well as they dance. It is rare to find someone who is good at something who can also teach that something; however, all FADS Carmel instructors are beautiful dancers and talented teachers.
4. The facility is awesome. I adore the floor, and the sound and light systems are great.
5. At FADS, I have access to world-class choreography and coaching, along with group lessons and dance parties if I want to take part in them. These are all activities that are designed to help students not only have fun, but to get different kinds of dance experience and to learn more about dancing. This studio is all about learning to dance and continually tries to come up with new and engaging opportunities for its students to do so. Their creativity makes for some truly memorable experiences.
6. My instructor, Jonah, is incredible. He is patient, beyond tolerant, and a truly nice person. He is also one of the most gifted dancers I’ve ever seen, and it’s a privilege to dance with him. In short, I love learning about dance, and FADS Carmel gives me that chance with a wonderful support network of staff members and fellow student dancers. If you’ve wanted to try dance lessons or if you are a dancer looking for a studio, I highly recommend this one. Hope to see you there![/expand]
April 14, 2017